Coming of Age
10% off everything
on this site!
Cranky Quiz # 5: Competition (chapter
Scoring the Cranky Quiz
Score 1 point for every yes and 0 for every no. Count a sometimes as
a yes. Add your total: 3 points or less (Cool) means you're in good shape,
4 to 7 (Warm) indicates a need to slow down, and 8 to 10 (Hot!) indicates
a raging cranky infection. You'll find anti-cranky solutions for each
Quiz item in this chapter.
- ____ Does your employer expect you to work longer hours with no extra
benefits of any kind?
- ____ Has your employer downsized, reorganized, out-sourced, merged,
or changed its pension plan in the last few years?
- ____ Is there more competition in your field of work than there used
- ____ Do you observe commonplace rudeness and a general lack of courtesy
- ____ If you take time off are you concerned that someone else might
edge in on your job in your absence?
- ___ Do you frequently bring work home?
- ____ Do undercurrents of competition sneak into your work or personal
- ____ When attending a concert or game do you tune out at the halfway
point, trying to figure out the best way to beat the crowd when it's
time to leave?
- ____ Does it seem that wherever you go, you're always competing with
somebody else for time, space, service, products, or attention?
- ____ Do you have mixed feelings about competition, sometimes avoiding
it, other times getting carried away with it?
| Cranky Quotient
__________ My Communication Overload condition
Cool (0-3) Warm (4-7)