Coming of Age
10% off everything
on this site!
Cranky Quiz # 6: Customer Contact (chapter
Scoring the Cranky Quiz
Score 1 point for every yes and 0 for every no. Count a sometimes as
a yes. Add your total: 3 points or less (Cool) means you're in good shape,
4 to 7 (Warm) indicates a need to slow down, and 8 to 10 (Hot!) indicates
a raging cranky infection. You'll find anti-cranky solutions for each
Quiz item in this chapter.
- ____ Do you think that people are more rude and discourteous than
they used to be?
- ____ Are you irked by the increasing number of self-serve, automated
systems and fewer face-to-face transactions than in the past?
- ____ Do you get riled having to wait in slow lines, fill out time-consuming
forms, or endure inconvenient service systems?
- ____ Do you realize that service personnel with the heaviest public
contact (receptionists, secretaries, clerks, servers, etc.) are the
lowest paid and least respected?
- ____ Do you complain when service is bad but say nothing when it's
- ___ Are you expected to always satisfy your customers even though
management doesn't necessarily support your efforts?
- ____ Are you seeing an increase of unhappy, complaining, or rude
- ____ Is it almost as difficult to deal with your manager or work
colleagues as it is cranky customers?
- ____ Do you find it hard being nice to your family after a long,
hard day at work?
- ____ Are you so tired and overloaded it's impossible to think about
getting involved in any kind of volunteer work or community service?
| Cranky Quotient
__________ My Customer Contact condition is:
Cool (0-3) Warm (4-7)